My camera is broken on my iPhone, so I haven't been able to take many pictures lately. Until I figure out what's up with that, I figured I could give an update on Rhett's potty training.
So, his progress slowed a little bit during the summer because he was home all day with Daddy and we weren't pushing him to stick to a potty schedule (which is what it takes to get them jump-started, we've learned). As soon as he got back to school in August, his teacher said he was ready and wanted him to come to school in his big boy underwear the next week. I won't lie, I thought she was stupid and didn't think he was ready to take away the pull-ups safety net, but who am I to worry about what she has to clean up.
Not surprisingly (since he rocks at most everything he tries), Rhett took to potty-training in a big way this time and since he was at school on a regular schedule, that teacher has all of the kids going like clockwork. It's kind of amazing.
We kept up our end of the bargain and continued keeping him in big boy underwear at home although I won't lie, there were days that I just KNEW he was going to pee all over the couch or the carpet as soon as I left the room. And guess what, he has, but I'm so proud of the little guy for trying so hard. The stickers are still a huge hit and he will proudly wear stickers up to his elbows all day.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes. We've already had a moment where I had to let him pee in the grass at a football game and he was adamant that his underwear had to be around his ankles before he could pee. That makes it a little more obvious to the people around us, but whatever. He's a champ :)
Sanctuary
-
Let this home be a sanctuary where all who enter feel peaceful and safe.
Let these young souls be grown on Mama’s bread, Daddy’s music. Let their
feet gr...
8 years ago
1 comment:
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
Post a Comment